Aluminium curtain wall may seem easy but over time it has become very complex with advancement of science & technology in Facade & glazing industry. Building facades are one of the largest, most important elements in the overall aesthetic and technical performance of a building. Façade engineering is the art and science of resolving aesthetic, environmental and structural issues to achieve the effective enclosure of buildings.
Façade engineers must consider aspects such as the design, certification, fabrication and installation of the building façades with regards to the performance of materials, aesthetic appearance, structural behaviour, weather tightness, safety and serviceability, security, maintenance and build ability. The skill set will include matters such as computational fluid dynamics, heat transfer through two- and three-dimensional constructions, the behavior of materials, manufacturing methodologies, structural engineering and logistics.
System design involves the below major criteria:
1. Design of male & female mullion, head transom, sill transom etc. as per structural loads.
2. Provision of movements in vertical & lateral directions i.e. live load, interstorey drift, seismic movements of the superstructure is supposed to be incorporated in the façade.
3. Provision of thermal expansion, U-value of the façade.
4. Provision of controlled water drainage etc.
5. Provision of easy replacement & easy repair in case of damage.
6. Provision of site adjustment i.e. in-out adjustments, lateral adjustments, site tolerances, undulations etc.
7. Provision of BMU (Building maintenance unit) brackets & considering required space & loads involved in façade design.
8. Provision of absorption of sudden shock/vibration to minimize accidental breakage of glass etc.
In construction industry there is no two products which are identical. Each building is different, so does the façade. We provide specialized solutions based on the project specifications, prescribed loads, terrains etc. Reach us for consultation.